Linda D’Onofrio joins Patton Boggs as a tax partner in the NY office
Patton Boggs LLP has enhanced its public finance and tax capabilities with the addition of Linda D’Onofrio as a partner in the firm’s New York office. Ms. D’Onofrio brings to Patton Boggs more than 30 years of experience in tax law relating to public and project finance and taxable and tax-exempt financial instruments. She is the latest in a string of recent hires made by Patton Boggs to strengthen and expand in key business, litigation and policy practice areas, including public finance, infrastructure, and private investment funds.
Ms. D’Onofrio brings a strong background in the tax analysis and structuring of the full scope of municipal bond transactions, mortgage and asset-backed securities transactions, bank conversions, public-private partnerships, mergers and acquisitions involving municipal securities, and other financial instruments. Her clients include scores of issuers, investment banks, and other participants of financial transactions.
- Provided the primary tax analysis for the first municipal “swaption” issued in Texas
- Provided the primary tax analysis for one of the first stripped municipal bond offerings
- Provided the primary tax analysis for the first private stripped Treasury obligations program (“TIGRs”)
- Provided the primary tax analysis for the first non-governmental-agency CMO
- Provided the primary tax analysis for the first FNMA Strips program
- Provided the primary tax analysis for one of the first REMIC offerings
- Provided the primary tax analysis for several significant municipal audits resulting in “no change”
- Provided the primary tax analysis for two of the first five issues offered by Build NYC
Additionally, Ms. D’Onofrio has provided primary tax analysis as bond counsel on scores of transactions for New York State, its various agencies (including the Dormitory Authority of the State of New York), the City of New York, its various agencies, the State of Connecticut and its various agencies, and numerous other states and agencies nationally.
Ms. D’Onofrio will work closely with the group of highly-experienced public finance and infrastructure attorneys who joined Patton Boggs last fall, including partners Al Tindall, Jr. and Alethia N. Nancoo, and of counsel Sani Williams and Deborah Hartmann Henry. She will also collaborate with Patton Boggs attorneys in Washington, DC and other markets on tax planning and structuring matters.
She joins the Firm from Day Pitney where she specialised in municipal finance and structured finance. Prior to this she was a partner with Blank Rome.