Leisa Rafter joins BDO partnership in Australia
BDO Australia has made up 3 new partners, including indirect tax specialist Leisa Rafter who is based in the Brisbane office.
Leisa has specialised in the field of indirect tax for over nine years, gaining extensive experience working in “big four” firms before joining BDO. Leisa has a particular focus on the financial services sector and regularly provides GST consulting and review services to a range of Managed Investment Schemes and funds.
Leisa is also a principal advisor on State duties and taxes.
- Preparation of advice in relation to the GST implications of various government grants received and levies, charges and fees imposed by a government department.
- Transaction support and GST compliance review services for various government related entities.
- Provision of stamp duty advice in relation to internal restructures.
Qualifications & memberships
- Solicitor, Supreme Court of Queensland
- Bachelor of Laws, QUT
- Bachelor of Business (Accounting), QUT
- Lecturer, Taxation Institute of Australia
- Member, Queensland Law Society Inc.