Indirect Tax Litigator (and former global head of tax) Erik Scheer is elected to Executive Committee at Bakers
I forgot to mention yesterday about another leadership change at Baker & McKenzie. Erik Scheer, former Global Tax Chair, has been elected to serve on the Firm’s Executive Committee.
Erik specialises in VAT and customs. He is a recognized tax litigator and has been consistently named a leading tax lawyer in Chambers, Legal 500 and International Tax Review. He is also a regular speaker at seminars and conferences. Erik is based in Amsterdam.
Representative Legal Matters
• Representing and acting as global coordinator for a client in a global cross-border asset transaction.
• Advising clients with respect to tax aspects of supply chain modeling.
• Representing clients before the VAT and customs authorities and European Commission in Brussels.
• Representing clients in Tax Court, Dutch Supreme Court and European Court of Justice in Luxembourg.
• Rendering advice to clients regarding the VAT and customs aspects of new EMEA-wide sales structures.
• Advising clients and coordinating between participating jurisdictions with respect to voluntary disclosure of certain incorrect VAT and customs filings.
• Negotiating customs valuation rulings with the Dutch customs authorities.