Clarke Willmott hires Niall Murphy from Shoosmiths to lead business tax team in Southampton
Niall Murphy has joined Clarke Willmott. He is a Partner in the Corporate team and heads the business tax department in Southampton.
Niall’s experience during more than 25 years covers corporate, real estate, employment, share schemes, international tax planning and tax litigation.
He previously headed up Shoosmith’s tax team and is a member of the Chartered Institution of Taxation and the VAT Practioners Group.
Kelvin Balmont, partner and head of the Southampton office, said: “We are delighted to welcome Niall to the firm, he brings with him 25 years of experience in corporate, real estate, employment, share schemes, international tax planning and tax litigation and will be an asset to our growing firm.”
- Structuring of various UK property funds involving individuals, corporates and pension funds.
- Creation of joint share ownership plans and share schemes.
- Structuring the disposal of farmland to obtain entrepreneur’s relief.
- Development of partnership/company structure to avoid capital gains tax/SDLT on sale of property.
- Setting up an offshore patent holding structure.