3rd Tax Partner hiring announcement from NQP in a fortnight !
Simon Newsham has joined New Quadrant Partners, with effect from 1 June 15.
Simon initially trained with KPMG as a CTA and then qualified as a solicitor with Macfarlanes, where he worked for just under 4 years. He joined Dorsey & Whitney in 2002, becoming Head of Tax but resigned in 2005 to set up his own firm, which he ran for 8 years. Since Feb 2014 he has been co-head of tax at Winckworth Sherwood.
Simon’s work primarily involves:
-advising on the tax aspects on corporate mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, reorganisations and international structuring;
– dealing with disputes with HMRC;
– implementing share options plans and equity incentives;
– claiming EIS and SEIS relief;
– advising on UK residence and non-domicile issues; and
– designing bespoke tax planning for large corporates, SMEs, OMBs and high net worth individuals both in the UK and overseas.
Simon often appears in the media and has been interviewed by Sky Sport and the BBC and has featured in publications such as the Financial Times, CityA.M., EuroWatch, Money Observer, PLC and the Tax Journal.