Ben Brown and Michele Milanese promoted to tax counsel at Allen & Overy
Allen & Overy has announced two tax counsel promotions in London and Rome, effective 1 May.
Ben advises on all UK taxation aspects of corporate and financing transactions.
Ben also specialises in VAT, and takes specific responsibility for advising Allen & Overy’s clients on the UK VAT treatment and VAT structuring of their transactions, with a particular focus on financial services.
Ben is a member of the VAT Practitioners’ Group and the Law Society VAT and Duties Sub-Committee.
- “CJEU challenges UK VAT group practices, 7 May 2013, Lexis PSL
- “Closing time for pub VAT appeal?”, LNB News, 7 August 2012
- “Practice Guide: How to handle tax on transaction costs”, Tax Journal Issue 1114, 18, 9 March 2012
- “Close-out Netting and VAT” – De Voil Indirect Tax Intelligence, 159(31), 1 August 2009
- “The EU VAT Package: Implications for Cross-Border Finance”, lead article in Tax Planning International, Indirect Taxes, November 2009
Michele has a significant experience in banking and finance tax transactions and has an in-depth knowledge of the firm’s clients and of tax aspects connected to capital markets, structured finance, private equity global banking, project finance, asset finance, energy, incentives and securitisations transactions. In addition, he is the author of publications on Italian and international reviews and has lectured on legal and tax matters.