Aurifer hires Prof. Dr. Roberto Scalia as Of Counsel
Aurifer has announced the arrival of Prof. Dr. Roberto Scalia as Of Counsel. Roberto has 15 years experience in advising businesses and individuals on European and International Tax Law.
Roberto is also Assistant Professor of Tax Law at the University of Bergamo (Italy) where he received his PhD in EU and International Tax Law.
His main area of expertise include:
– Double Tax Treaties and the MLI;
– Hybrid Entities and Financial Instruments;
– Permanent Establishment related issues;
– Real Estate (and RE vehicles) taxation; and
– A wide range of BEPS related topics;
– Domestic and a cross-border VAT;
– Tax and estate planning for HNWIs.
Roberto is Chairman of the Tax Commission of the Joint Italian Arab Chamber of Commerce (JIACC), the sole bilateral Chamber of Commerce officially recognised by Italian and Arab Governments, the Union of Arab Chambers and the League of Arab States and he recently joined the African Tax Research Network (ATRN) as a member of the Scientific Committee.
He is a prolific author of articles on the Middle East, the European Union and international taxation.