Grant Thornton promotes Sue Knight to partnership, with leadership responsibilities for the West Midlands private client practice
Grant Thornton in Birmingham has promoted Sue Knight to the Firm’s partnership. In her new role Ms Knight will lead Grant Thornton’s 16-strong private client team in Birmingham, working with the region’s high and ultra high net worth individuals and their families.
Ms Knight joined the Firm in 2001 from Arthur Andersen, after qualifying as a CTA. Sue was listed in Tax Journal’s guide to the 40 leading UK tax professionals under 40 years of age for 2012/2013, has a law degree and a Masters in Taxation (LLM) and recently received a distinction in the STEP Advanced Certificate in Family Business Advising.
In addition to her leadership responsibilities, her own work involves:
• Tax and wealth structuring for individuals, their families and their companies
• Inheritance tax planning and trust advice (both onshore and offshore)
• Tax planning for non-UK domiciled individuals
• Offshore tax structuring
• Land and property acquisitions
• Entrepreneurial corporate tax work, including corporate reconstructions.