Scott Pinarchick and Avi Reshtick join Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo
Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, P.C. has hired corporate attorney Edouard C. LeFevre and tax veterans Scott J. Pinarchick and Abraham (Avi) Reshtick to the firm’s Corporate & Securities and Tax practices, respectively. Messrs LeFevre and Pinarchick were most recently partners at Foley & Lardner LLP. They join as Members in the firm’s Boston office. Mr. Reshtick was most recently a partner at Bracewell, LLP and previously practiced at Ropes & Gray LLP. He joins Mintz Levin’s New York office as a Member.
Mr. Pinarchick focuses on U.S. federal income tax matters with a special emphasis on the taxation of corporations, partnerships and limited liability companies, domestic, foreign and cross-border mergers and acquisitions, debt financing and fund formation. His clients include private equity and venture capital firms, operating companies, financial institutions and insurance companies. Mr. Pinarchick also has significant experience in international tax issues that arise in cross-border transactions. He regularly advises U.S. and non-U.S. investors regarding their investment activity both in and outside of the U.S.
- Represented GTS Central Europe and its consortium of private equity investors in its €546 million acquisition by Deutsche Telekom AG
- Represented Columbia Capital in a tender offer to acquire a controlling interest in euNetworks Group Limited, a publicly held Singapore company engaged in the ownership and operation of fiber optic networks throughout Europe
- Counsel in connection with a $500 million single investor fund with Highland Capital Management
- Counsel in connection with a $350 million single investor fund with ARES Capital Management
- Represented Oasis Outsourcing, a portfolio company of Nautic Partners and Altaris Capital Partners and the largest PEO in the US, in its sale to Stone Point Capital
- Represented ABRY Partners in the sale of PSI Services, a worldwide, industry-leading professional testing services provider, to Waud Capital Partners
- Represented Spectrum Equity Investors in the $272.5 million sale of its portfolio company, Choice Cable TV of Puerto Rico, to a subsidiary of Liberty Global
- Counsel to various non-US insurance companies regarding US federal excise tax matters
- Represented a private equity fund in raising a $550 million multi-investor fund
- Represented another private equity fund in raising a $1 billion multi-investor fund
- Counsel for a privately held, independent insurance brokerage and consulting company in its sale to a private equity backed strategic buyer
Mr. Reshtick represents clients on a wide range of U.S. federal income tax matters, including mergers and acquisitions, divestitures, tax-free spin-offs, leverage buyouts, joint ventures, fund formations, debt financing and financial restructurings. In addition, Mr. Reshtick has significant experience advising foreign investors on their investments into the U.S. as well as on matters involving debt restructurings and workouts. Mr. Reshtick advises domestic and foreign-based private equity and venture capital funds in addition to operating companies and financial institutions. His clients range from early stage venture backed companies to Fortune 100 enterprises and span a wide range of industries, including consumer products energy, financial services, pharmaceuticals, technology and telecommunications.
- Represented a global private equity firm in a $1.1 billion take private acquisition of an health care company and multiple add-on acquisitions
- Represented a middle-market private equity firm in the formation of $250 million fund
- Represented financial sponsors in structuring a multi-billion dollar energy-focused private equity fund
- Represented a consortium of private equity firms in their $2.69 billion sale of a majority stake in a leading US retailer
- Represented a middle-market private equity firm in its $300 million acquisition of a health care company
- Represented a private equity backed medical device company in its $350 million combination with a strategic competitor
- Represented a publicly traded manufacturing company in its $700 million acquisition of a worldwide business segment from a strategic competitor
- Represented a foreign based publicly traded pharmaceutical conglomerate in its disposition of various business units in the US, Europe, and Australia