BDO hires 2 new tax partners in Southampton and Gatwick
BDO has appointed two new tax partners this year:
Catherine Jones joins BDO after eight years at PwC, where she was a tax partner. She will be based in BDO’s Gatwick office and specialises in corporate tax and advising Public Interest Entities (PIEs) and portfolio companies of private equity houses across a range of sectors including healthcare, pharmaceutical, manufacturing and education.
Catherine has broad experience of providing pragmatic and commercial tax advice across a range of issues including:
– Tax compliance, including the complexities arising from PE structures, debt finance and transactions
– Managing effective tax rate
– Transactions: due diligence, vendor due diligence
– Tax structuring for acquisitions or on exits
– Tax relief for deal costs
– HMRC enquiries
– Coordinating specialist tax input for example transfer pricing, valuations, R&D relief, VAT, employment taxes, finance and treasury, management tax advice
Erin Davis (pictured right) returns to BDO’s Southampton office following three years at Francis Clark. Erin specialises in corporate tax compliance and advising entrepreneurial owner-managed businesses.
Paul Eagland, managing partner at BDO, commented, “Our ambitious, entrepreneurially-minded clients want to work with like-minded, commercial advisers. These new appointments are reflective of our own growth intentions, as well as those of the businesses we work with.
“The rapid pace of change in technology, regulation and the economic landscape demands the need for quality advice for businesses. We will continue to invest in attracting and retaining the very best talent at BDO.”