MinterEllison promotes Rimma Miller to tax partner
Rimma Miller has been promoted to tax partner at Minter Ellison, based in the Sydney office.
Ms Miller joined the firm in 2014 from Maddocks. Before that she spent 12 years as a litigator at the ATO.
- Advise and represent an ASX Top 100 company in a GST dispute with the ATO.
- Advise an ASX Top 100 company in relation to transfer pricing audit by the ATO.
- Advise and represent several clients in Part IVA anti-avoidance matters.
- Advise and represent clients in several ongoing Federal Court matters dealing with a capital/income characterisation of the expense.
- Successfully acted as an instructing solicitor in significant Federal Court of Australia and High Court of Australia cases, including recent matters such as Blank v Commissioner of Taxation and Oswal v Commissioner of Taxation.
- Facilitated a successful resolution of a dispute between the ATO and an ASX–listed company related to the consolidated group’s carry-forward losses.
- Advised and assisted the resolution of a dispute between an ASX Top 100 company and the ATO involving matters arising out of past restructures and consolidation issues.
- Advised an overseas based corporation in relation to the proposed acquisition of a partial interest in an Australian-based resources company and a potential application of TARP provisions.
- Resolved a dispute between a large listed construction company and the ATO, related to a capital gains tax liability.