Simmons & Simmons promotes Hatice Ismail to Tax Partner
Simmons & Simmons has announced its partner promotions for 2016, which includes tax lawyer Hatice Ismail.
Hatice advises on all aspects of corporate tax, including M&A, corporate, restructuring, structured finance, cross-border and real estate transactions and the UK taxation of non-resident companies. She also advises on the taxation of traditional and alternative investment funds, stamp taxes and VAT. She predominantly advises clients in the asset management and investment funds, banking and private equity sectors.
- advising a large number of clients, many of them asset managers, in relation to “FATCA” and the UK equivalent regime
- acting for Chenavari Investment Managers on the establishment of a Luxembourg trading platform which is their first hedge fund to invest in European commercial real estate debt and preferred equity
- acting on a number of real estate financing transactions, include for LaSalle, a mezzanine lender, in relation to the refinancing of property portfolio of Access Self Storage, the UK’s third largest self-storage operator
- acting for SunEdison, one of the world’s leading solar energy businesses, in relation to the acquisition, development and sale of solar projects in the UK, with a total deal Value of £72m
- advising Euro Lights Private Limited (an affiliate of GIC Real Estate Pte Ltd) on its participation in the underwriting of a rights issue by British Land Company PLC, to raise approximately £740m
- advising a number of large European and US asset managers on fund restructurings, the UK offshore fund rules, UK investment manager exemption, tax efficient investment structures and other tax issues.
Hatice joined Simmons & Simmons as a trainee in 2003 and qualified into the corporate tax department in 2005.
She participates in the Alternative Investment Management Association’s Tax Committee and is a member of its FATCA Automatic Exchange of Information working group.
Hatice completed a part-time six month secondment to the Alternative Investment Management Association at the end of June 2011.